A notification that brightens a dreary October day. A click that took me to Pastern Corner Blog. A field of sunflowers and in the centre, a logo shaped like the sun reading “Sunshine Blogger Award.” A quick read and scroll down to 11 Nominees. A grin curling my lips upward with joy. I quietly say to myself, “I’ve been nominated.”
Thank you to Pastern Corner for the nomination. 💛
The Sunshine Blogger Award “is a peer recognition of the inspiring, creative and motivational work done by bloggers. It is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.”
If you have been nominated,
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
- How did you come into blogging?
I started blogging to find and express my voice.
- How do you start your day?
Best part of the morning is sipping an americano with my little dog Winston curled up next to me.
- What is your favourite season?
I absolutely love the summer – long days, sandy beaches and swimming.
- What is your idea of a relaxing day?
A relaxing day is a slow start to the morning, coffee in bed, a walk, reading a blog or book that inspires and ignites curiosity in me, writing and crocheting.
- What are your favourite hobbies?
My favourite hobbies are reading or listening to a podcast, writing, crocheting, enjoying the outdoors and experiencing the arts.
- What do you prefer: À la carte or Buffet?
A la carte for sure.
- What is your favourite food?
This is a tough one…chocolate.
- What is your favourite word or words from the English vocabulary?
Stillness, connection and gratitude.
- What transport do you prefer to travel in: car, two-wheeler or public transport?
I prefer travelling in a car with all my comforts close at hand.
- Do you like listening to songs, if yes, do you like a song mainly for its lyrics or for its music?
The best songs have both brilliant lyrics and compelling music.
- What makes your day complete?
Feeling connected to something meaningful whether it be with nature, a person or people or God.
- Niraj’s Blogs
- A Virginia Writer’s Diary
- The Untamed Afterthought
- Smoke Words Every Day
- flashlight batteries
- Roth Poetry
- A Patient Voice
- Her Writing Haven
- My Valiant Soul
- The Yellow Brick Ave
- What or whom inspires you?
- What is the last book you read?
- What is your favourite spot in your home?
- Oatmeal chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin or neither?
- What was an unforgettable vacation?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- What is your go-to meal?
- How has a set-back turned into something better?
- What is your tool of choice when writing (e.g. journal, note pad, computer)?
- Which do you prefer: a few friends or the more-the-merrier?
- What brightens your day?